Botanical Bundle Dyeing with Wendy
AMORES Yarn Studio & Shop
Join us as Fiber Artist and Natural Dyer, Wendy Getchell (of Nature's Paintbox), shares the magic that happens when using botanicals to imprint and dye a skien of squishy soft wool/silk blend yarn,, a gorgeous wool shawl, and two yards of luxurious 1” silk ribbon.
The class opens with a brief meet and great, followed by a discussion of natural dyes and their history. Instructions on how to create your bundle will be reviewed, and then it’s hands on with guidance from Wendy. While we wait for the bundles to steam we will have a snack, and Wendy will demonstrate various color modifiers using earth minerals.
After we reveal our creations we will be given the opportunity to utilize the color modifiers, and discuss our finished creations.
Dates/Times: Sunday, April 7, 9am to 1 pm
All inclusive price: $165.00
The Workshop includes the following:
- A variety of botanicals to choose from
- One 435 yard/100g skein of Amores Ambrosia Yarn (75% Superwash Superfine Merino with 25% Mulberry silk). One 36”x80” wool gauze shawl, and two yards of 1” silk ribbon
- Techniques for preparing and and laying out the materials
- Finishing techniques
- Discussion of other natural dye techniques
- List of material resources, online resources and reading material
- A complete instruction guide to work independently
Material can stain your clothing, so dress accordingly. Bring water and snacks, and your imagination!
*Students enjoy a 15% discount for purchases made during their class sessions. This discount cannot be applied to classes.